Important Things to Do This Week
- Come help at the spring floor moving day this Sat 12-4. We could still use more help and more trucks and/or trailers.
- Turn in your Lindsey Law signed paper and Competitor Entry Form.
- Make sure you mark Feb 10th on your calendar for our home meet as everyone is expected to help on that day.
Lodge Move In Day 9/16/17- www.SignUpGenius.com/go/
Please sign up and show up to help move the spring floor and bars to the lodge.
This is a mandatory family commitment. If you can’t do this date, it is expected that an adult from your family assists in the spring to move back to the gym.
We still have several boxes of chocolate that need to be sold. This is a great way to get some more money into your family account before meet season and the remainder of uniform fees are due on Oct. 13th!
Set up a time with Lori or Mandy to get you into the office to sign out a box.
You can have your gymnast sell candy bars at the Y with your supervision, just let Kristin know so she can tell you if anyone else was already going to be there.
Parent ONLY Social
It’s time to party and get know each other without the kids. The Parent Board thought it would be fun to host an evening to have the parents get together and get to know each other before we will be sitting together for hours on end rooting our girls on at the meets.
Date/Time: Sat September 23rd at 7:30pm
Location: Missi and Brian Kerschner’s house 8480 Crestdale Ct in Amberly Village
Please bring either a snack/appetizer or dessert to share and BYOB.
Volunteer(s) Still Needed! We are looking for someone to take over the role of Meet Director. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Kristin ASAP as we need to start getting things ready soon.
Upcoming Important Dates
September 16th– Lodge Move-In Day 12-4pm
September 23rd– Parent ONLY Social 7:30pm
September 29th– Physical Form, Competitor Entry Form and Lindsey Law Form due
October 2nd– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
October 13th– Mock Meet 4:30-7pm?
October 13th– 1st half of the season meet fees and uniform fees due
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Competitor Entry form is due by Friday, September 29th
The State of Ohio recently enacted a Bill called “Lindsay’s Law”. The purpose of this law is to protect young athletes through education around Sudden Cardiac Arrest, or SCA. In order for YMCA Gymnastics Teams to be compliant with the law, we need to take the following measures. Attached are the documents that will be referenced.
- Every parent/guardian must receive the Parent-Guardian Handout.
- Every Parent and Athlete must sign the Parent-Athlete Signature page and turned into me. I will file them here at PCY.
- Every parent/athlete must watch the required video. This is a YouTube video.
- Every coach must receive the Coach Handout.
- Every coach must watch the coaches informational video. This is a YouTube video.
Please watch and turn in the signature page by September 29th. If you have already watched video because of another sport, please sign and turn in. you do not have to rewatch the video.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.