*PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY! I know this is long, but there is a lot of important information. Thank you!
Important Things to Do This Month!
- Turn in your physicals, Lindsey Law signed paper and Competitor Entry Form ASAP! They are already late!
- Start putting money in your family account if you haven’t done so already meet and uniform fees are due Oct 13th.
- Sign up on SUG to bring something and/or volunteer for pizza/s’more party after the Mock Meet
- Turn in items for Used Leo Sale by Oct 8th
- Sign up to volunteer to work the Used Leo Sale on SUG
- Turn in spirit wear order forms and money by Oct 20th
- Starting this month, we will be moving to a monthly email following the Parent Board Meeting with details of upcoming activities and team information. It will still be posted to the website.
- If other information needs to be communicated throughout the month, we will send out an extra email as needed.
- We will no longer be using One Call. Instead, our team will start utilizing Remind App for last minute information and reminders throughout the month.
o More information on how to sign up for Remind will be sent out in a separate email and will be posted on the website by the end of next week.
- Also be on the look out for a renovated PCY Monarch website by the end of this month. The web address will be the same, but it will have a new look and will hopefully be easier to useJ
o Once it’s up if you have any constructive feedback, please email Zack, [email protected]
Competitor Entry Form
- This is a separate form that was not originally in your folder to fill out. It was attached to last week’s email. This must be printed out and turned in ASAP for your gymnast to compete.
- Due to the difficulty of collecting EAF from families that leave over the summer, the Parent Board and Kristin have decided to change the payment dates to Jan 12th (the same date as 2nd half of meet fees) and May 11th.
- The Mock Meet is Fri 10/13. The girls should arrive to the gym at 4pm to warm-up and they will start “competing” (there are no judges, or scores) at 5pm.
o The girls should wear their favorite leotard. No shorts. Hair should be pulled back like at a meet. (Have them bring clothes to change into after the meet)
o The girls will be performing their beam and floor routines so you can see the progress they’re making and they can see what it feels like to do their routines in front of a crowd.
- New Parents– There will be a meeting starting at 4:15pm in the area outside Kristin’s office to go over everything you need to know about meets J If you can’t be there that early, look for a hand-out in your family folder and feel free to ask me, Kristin or your Parent Rep Kelli if you have any questions.
- Pizza and S’mores– Following the Mock Meet we invite all gymnasts and families to stay for pizza and s’mores in the open area by the lodge
o A SUG will go out with more information.
- Meet Director Needed!
o If you are interested in learning more, please contact Kristin ASAP as we need to start getting things ready soon.
o Mariellen will be there to work with you every step of the way and the meet is much smaller than regionals.
- Concession Chair also still needed– Please let Kristin know if you are willing or interested in learning more
- Chocolate Bars- We still have several boxes of chocolate to sell if you want to get some more $ in your family account to cover meet and uniform fees!
- Used Leo Sale- Gather together your too small leos and practice shorts and turn them in to sell at our used leo sale by Oct 8th!
o Please refer to the attachment in last week’s email for complete details.
- Jackets, Undergarments and Leggings have arrived.
o If you did not order a new leotard and you have enough money in your account to cover uniform fees, items will start being passed out soon.
o If you did order a new leotard, items will be passed out once the leotards arrive and there is enough money in your account to cover the fees.
o No uniform items will be passed out until they are paid for.
- We hope to have order forms out by Oct. 13th with items available for purchase with sample sizes available at the Mock Meet
- If you want to purchase any spirit wear, forms and money must be turned in by Oct. 20th
Upcoming Important Dates
Oct. 8– Items for Used Leo Sale due
Oct. 9-14– Used Leo Sale
Oct. 13 – Uniforms and 1st half of meet fees due
Oct. 13 – Mock meet 4pm
Oct. 15 – Tap/Swing clinic
Oct. 20– Spirit wear order forms due
Nov. 4 – Kettering Meet
Nov. 6– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
Nov. 18 – Countryside Meet
Dec. 2 – Great Miami Valley Meet
Dec. 23-31 – Christmas
Treasurer Update – Annmarie
Family Account Statements
Updated statements were put in folders Monday evening that show your current balance. This balance does
NOT reflect upcoming charges that are due Oct 13 for first half of season meet fees (4 x $15 = $60) and any
uniform balance due (refer to your initial uniform invoice for an estimate of this amount). As soon as I have
the final cost for uniforms I will update statements with both these charges and put new copies in folders, this
should be done by Monday. Feel free to make a deposit before Oct 13 if needed to cover these upcoming
(FYI for new families and reminder for old families – you are required to pay the first half of season meet fees
up front. If your gymnast ends up scratching one of these meets and you indicate this on the SUG for that meet, a $15
credit will be put back in your account after the meet date.)
Please email me with any questions at [email protected]
Kroger Rewards – Follow Up (I have not heard back from some of the “regulars”
We have received another check from the Kroger Rewards Program. These rewards are for the period 5/1/17 to
7/31/17. If you would like your family's contribution to be credited to your account, you can now sign into your Kroger
account online to get your quarterly contribution. Sign in and go to Account Summary. At the bottom left of the page
will be Community Rewards and your quarterly contribution. Please email me at [email protected] by September
15 with your amount and 80% will be credited to your family account.
NEW FAMILIES: If you are not signed up for this super easy way to fundraise for your daughter’s account, sign up!
1. Go to the Kroger website at http://www.krogercommunityrewards.com/.
2. Sign in using your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, just click on "forgot password"
and a link will be sent to your email to change your password.
3. Enter your organization's five digit NPO number (see below) or the first three letters of the organization's name, click
4. Select your organization by clicking on the circle to the left of your organization's name.
5. Save changes.
The Monarch's group number is 81792.
The amount we receive varies each quarter, but depends on how much you use your Kroger Plus card. Please let me
know if you have any questions.