Important Things to Do This Week!:
- Sign up on SUG to RSVP yes or no for the sleepover on May 19th and to bring something to share. http://www.SignUpGenius.com/go/9040949A8AB2AA64-duebymay5
- Thank you to the parents who helped set up, serve food and/or clean up to make the event a success.
- I forgot to mention 1 other member of our parent board and I am so sorry. I would like to mention and thank our fundraising coordinator, Lori Cooper.
- If you have any feedback as to what you liked about the Recognition Ceremony this year or positive suggestions to make it better next year, please feel free to email me and let me know, [email protected].
Spring Floor breakdown and move
- Thank you very much to everyone who came out to help move the equipment from the lodge back to the gym!
Memorial Day Parade:
- The Monarchs will again be marching in the NCH Memorial Day Parade on Saturday, May 27th.
- The girls wear a red, silver or black leo and shorts and do gymnastics (cartwheels, handstands, leaps, walk-overs, etc) along the parade route.
- It’s a lot of fun and a great time for the girls to hang out with each other.
- More details on times to come next week.
- Jasmine has posted the team and individual pictures to https://powelcrosleyjrymcamonarchs.shutterfly.com (it is password protected)
- An email will go out soon with a Google doc to fill out with where you are staying, when you’re arriving/leaving and a cell phone number you can be reached at so that everyone knows how to get in touch with each other to do things together J
- Another email will also go out soon with details about doing a “Haunted” Pub Crawl for the parents on Friday June 30th while we’re in Savannah. If we have enough people interested, we can set up a private group. I have done it before and it was a lot of fun!
- If you would like to plan out any other activities while we’re there please feel free. It’s more fun if we do things together, even if it’s just by levels since they all compete different days/times.
- The girls will be picking out leotards soon and the t-shirt will be designed.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- May 17th– Moving up assessments go out
- May 19th– Team sleepover in the gym
- May 27th– NCH Memorial Day Parade
- June 5th– Summer schedule starts
- June 29th– July 2nd– Nationals in Savannah
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Thank you so much to all of the Monarch gymnast and parents who showed up to help move all of our equipment. The gym looks great and we are so ready for summer.
Reminder that we will be in the gym full time until mid-August.
Attached is what I hope is the last version of the summer practice schedule. Thank you to all of the positive feedback. It is impossible to accommodate everyone’s busy schedule. We place the kids based off of what group is going to be best for them.
Reminder that we will have our annual sleepover May 19th. Even if your child cannot spend the night please let me know and we can arrange a pick up Friday night. More information is listed in the SUG. The sleepover is for competitive team Monarchs during the 2016-2017 season.