Important Things to Do This Week!
- Sell candy bars and coupon books to fill up your family accounts before EAF, uniform deposits and meet fees are due. Money and coupon book orders are due AUG 10th! See more details below.
- Fill out your forms to turn in to Kristin’s office from the folder given out at the All Parent meeting. If you missed the meeting the folder is in your family folder.
- Review the power point on the website under documents if you missed the All Parent meeting and put the dates from the Monarchs Calendar at a Glance on your calendar.
- Get uniform invoice out of family folder if you haven’t done so yet.
Family Account Fundraisers:
Candy Bars and Coupon Books
- We need your family to commit to selling at least 1 full box of candy bars if you wish to participate.
o Each box contains a variety of 60 candy bars.
o We will be selling them for $1.00/bar for a $.50/bar profit.
o You must turn in the money from the 1st box before you can get the next box.
o Contact Mandy if you practice in the am or Lori if you practice in the afternoon to schedule a time to get a box while Kristin is out of town this week or see Jasmine right before or after practice.
- If you are interested, your gymnast can sign out a coupon book to take to show people to get orders.
o Each book will be sold for $20 for a $10 profit per book.
o Once we have the orders, we will get the books and hand them out for distribution.
o Contact Mandy if you practice in the am or Lori if you practice in the afternoon to schedule a time to get a book while Kristin is out of town this week or see Jasmine right before or after practice.
- By Aug 10th, Turn in money for chocolate bars and money/orders for coupon books
o We ask that you turn in 1 check to PCY Monarchs to pay for the candy bars/coupon books to make it easier on Kristin. Please ask people to write individual checks to you and then you can deposit the cash and checks into your account and write 1 check to the team to simplify things.
- Aug 18th , Pick up coupon books for distribution
The Monarch’s Annual Cartwheel-a-thon will take place this year on Aug 19th.
- It works just like a walk-a-thon, ask people to sponsor the gymnast to complete 150 cartwheels
- Donation forms are in the folders given out at the All Parent Meeting or placed in your family folders
- Just like with the Candy bar/coupon book fundraiser, Please ask people to write individual checks to you and then you can deposit the cash and checks into your account and write 1 check to the team to simplify things.
- The check, along with the donation form, should be turned in on Aug 19th at the event.
**All the money that you raise through these fundraisers is split 80% into your personal family account and 20% to the team’s general custodial account.
All Parent Meeting
If you missed the All Parent Meeting, a white folder was placed in your family folder containing important information and forms to be filled out. Please make sure you review this information as well as review the Power Point which is located on the website under documents. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Kristin or Mandy.
- Returning families- We did not print out a new copy of the handbook this year, but instead included a handout with the handbook changes. We still recommend reviewing the entire handbook online prior to signing the commitment form.
Please note that Addendum 1 in the handbook has the wrong number of hours for Level 5, it should read 9 hours. This will be changed in the handbook on the website.
We are looking for people to volunteer for the following positions. If you are able to take on one of the roles, please contact Kristin or Mandy:
- Level 3 and 4 Parent Representative to the Parent Board (we would like to have 2 level 3 reps)
o Meets once a month to discuss upcoming events for the team, things the coaches/team need and any concerns that arise
o Responsible for follow up calls to families at that level when necessary
o Help with the organizing of Team outings, Christmas Party, Coaches gifts, end of year Banquet. Each level will be responsible for an event this year.
o Prepare a level Goody Bag for the Championship meets.
o Help provide information to team families and relay questions/concerns from families to Parent Board
o Help coaching staff or president with any other activity as the need arises.
- Meet Director/Co-director for Home Meet
- Concessions Chair for Home Meet
DATE CHANGE!!!!! The Spring Floor Moving Day has been changed to Sept 16th to accommodate other YMCA programs in the gym.
Upcoming Dates: (bolded dates have been changed)
August 9th– Parent Board Meeting 6pm
August 10th– Money and Coupon book orders due for candy bar/coupon book fundraiser
August 14th– Fall practice schedule begins
August 15th– EAF and Uniform deposit due
August 15th– Commitment, Payment and Emergency Authorization Forms due
August 19th– Pool Party and Cartwheel-a-thon
September 16th– Lodge Move-In Day
September 23rd – Parent Social
September 29th– Physical Form due