Important Things to Do This Week:
- Please turn in the following forms to Kristin’s office ASAP if you haven’t already as they were due last Friday 8/12: Family Commitment Form, Payment Plan Form and Emergency Authorization Form (note we do not have the Competitor Entry Forms yet so they will be due later)
- Undergarment/meet bag orders and Uniform fee deposit were due Friday 8/12. Any orders not received by Fri 8/18 will have to be placed separately and you will be responsible for the extra shipping.
- Please sign up on SUG for the pool party and lodge set-up.
- Turn in money for pizza at the pool party by Aug 26th
Upcoming Important Dates!
- Aug 27th: Pool Party and Cartwheel a thon
- Aug 28th: Lodge Move In date
- Sept 14th: Parent board meeting at 6:30pm
- Sept 5th : NO Practice – Labor Day
Cartwheel a thon! – Saturday Aug 27th 11:30-12:00
- This is one of our most popular and biggest family account fundraisers! Fill up your family account to cover Uniform and Meet Fees.
- Have your gymnast go out and ask family and friends to sponsor them in the Annual Monarch Cartwheel a thon!
- The gymnasts typically do 150-200 cartwheels.
- Since there is no cost to this event, 80% of the money your gymnast raises will go into their family account. The other 20% goes into the team’s custodial account.
- Forms to write down donations on were in the folders passed out at the All Parent Meeting. Please collect money to turn in on Aug 27th.
Pool Party: Saturday Aug 27th after the Cartwheel a thon- 3pm
- Time for the girls to eat, get to know each other better and fun outside the gym
- There will be pizza, snacks and water games
- The cost for pizza is $2 per person and is for gymnasts only. Please put money in an envelope and place it in Kaitlyn Jackson’s family folder by Aug 26th.
- The pizza party and games are for the gymnasts only to build team unity and relationships. The entire family, however, is more than welcome to come up to the pool and swim so the parents can mingle and get to know one another J
- SUG will be sent out. Please RSVP yes, no or maybe so we know how many girls will be there. Also please sign up to volunteer or bring snacks/other items.
- If you have any questions, please email Cristie Jackson, [email protected].
- We look forward to see everyone there!
Equipment Moving Day – Back to the Lodge
Equipment Moving Day is scheduled for Sunday, August 28th from 12:30 – 4 pm. Sign Up Genius has been posted and various time slots are available. Remember that you must participate in at least one of the two equipment moving days. Assignments will be given to you once we have the full list of volunteers.
We are also in need of open trailers and pickup trucks to transport some of the equipment from the back door of the gym to The Lodge. Please sign up if you have a vehicle or trailer that we can use.
Interested in the Y’s sportsprograms? Here’s a link to a YMCA video: