Upcoming Events – Mandy
Spirit Wear Sale September 27th during open gym 12:30-2pm:
- Team spirit wear, warm up leotards and meet bags will all be available for purchase.
2 ways to order:
- Fill out order form and place order form and check (payable to PCY Monarchs) in envelope in folder labeled Spirit wear in box above payment box outside Kristin’s office by OCTOBER 3rd (date has changed) Order form will be emailed out once we receive them from company
- Come to the open gym and order at the spirit wear table. We hope to have sample sizes of the items. You must pay at the time of the order.
- Kim Hinkel is the coordinator this year, so please email her with any questions.
- All checks must be made out to PCY Monarchs
Mock Meet/New Parent Information Meeting October 9th at 5-7pm (date has changed)
- Mock Meet will only include Levels 3-5 this year due to limited room in lodge
- New Parent Information Meeting will include information on what to expect at meets, coaches’ expectations of gymnasts and parents and volunteer expectations at the home meet. We strongly recommend all new gymnasts and at least 1 parent attend this event.
o New Parent Meeting will take place at 5:30 p.m. while the gymnasts are warming up and stretching.
o Please meet with Coach Kristin or Mariellen Voit if you are unable to attend.
What’s happening in the Gym – Coach Kristin
The gymnasts are working very hard to prepare for competition. Or what they think is competition. Coaches are covering meet rules/etiquette/guidelines and skill progression. Skill development takes time, and for all levels. Please ask your direct coach your gymnasts’ progression. Coaches are willing to do private lessons when possible. Although we are trying to focus on the routines themselves outside of scheduled gym time, our main focus is on setting our athletes up for success.
Not saying there will not be some bumps in the road. 🙂
Next Friday we will be voting on team and level captains. The girls will be informed about that this week. They will encouraged to remember that this isn’t a popularity vote, but a vote for the leaders of the team. The team captains will be responsible for leading warm ups and stretching at meets, setting up level buddies on meet weeks to give each other good luck messages, helping with social activities and helping at the end of season banquet. If a gymnast will not be here next week they can submit a vote ahead of time, but votes will not be taken after next Friday’s practice.
Meets are just around the corner and we are getting very excited… and just a little nervous. Please do not forget to sign up WEEKLY for individual routine learnings. Don’t be respectful of every gymnast and only sign up for ONE slot per week. If your gymnast is unable to make any of these times, please talk with her direct coach.
If there is a known scratch at the time of the payment due date, you can make a note on the invoice provided. You will only be required to pay for the meets that your gymnast will be competing. You must still scratch your gymnast through SignUp Genius by the individual meet scratch due date. Scratches are made until the Thursday the week prior to the meet on SignUp Genius.
Should your gymnast scratch a meet through SignUp Genius after you have paid the meet fee invoice, your family account will be credited for the amount equal to the meet fee. Only scratches made on Sign-up genius will be honored.
Open Gym (lodge) Sign up through the front desk or online
$10 member $15 non member
PCY Fall Festival
Join us for a free day filled with family games and activities.
Treasurer – Annmarie
Invoices/Family Account Statements will be put in your family folders Wednesday night.
- Please review these carefully.
- I have included both your Family Account activity and balance due (or credit) as well as your Equipment Fee activity and balance due (if any).
- First half of season meet fees are due October 2.
- Please have all outstanding amounts due paid by October 2 (September Equipment Fees were due 9/15, Uniform Deposits were due August 12).
- Reminder emails will go out to individual families after October 2 for amounts still due.
- If you have any questions on your statement, please email Annemarie Fischer at [email protected].