Important Things to Do This Week:
- Mandatory All Parent Meeting – Returning Parents either Thurs 8/4 or Wed 8/10 all at 7:15pm in Aquatic Room (More info in last week’s message)
- Check family folder ASAP if you haven’t done so yet for uniform deposit invoice
- Turn in money for chocolate bars and coupon books by Aug 8th. (checks made out to PCY Monarchs, put fundraiser and your last name in memo)
Upcoming Important Dates!
- August 3rd 7:15pm: Mandatory New Parent Information Meeting
- August 4thor 10th (pick 1) 7:15pm: Mandatory Returning Parent Information Meeting
- Aug 8th: Money due for chocolate bars and money/orders due for coupon books
- ** August 12th: Commitment forms are due and 50% down payment for uniforms is due
- Aug 12th: Pick up coupon books for distribution
- Aug 27th: Pool Party and Cartwheel a thon
- Aug 28th: Tentative Lodge Move In date
Coaches Report – Coach Jasmine
This summer, we have been doing a raffle in the gym. Girls can earn tickets for winning contest, getting new skills, making corrections or just working really hard! They then get to choose which raffle they would like to put their ticket in. The following gymnast are the winners of the first raffles! They can get their prize from Kristin or Jasmine before or after practice
- Sarah Cooper (level 3)- Box of Fruit Twists
- Kierra Morris (level 4)- Graeter’s Gift Card
- Monica VanderVeen (level 5) – Summer Fun!
We will be doing the last set of raffles at the pool party which is only 3 weeks away!
Another thing that we started this summer was doing a strength assessment with the girls. Every few weeks, we test the girls in 6 different conditioning exercises. We have the scores posted in the gym. See the attached sheets for the scores and breakdown of the different exercises. We will continue doing this assessment throughout competition season, but not as often. We are hoping that by tracking the girls’ progress it will help motivate them and also allow the coaches to see where we need to be stronger. This is the first time we have done this type of assessment, so there may be changes are we figure out what works best. The scores from the first two assessments are posted. The girls completed their third assessment last week and results will be in next week’s weekly e-mail. We will do the last assessment for the summer during the last week of summer practice. The girls are more than welcome to work at home to get a higher score! Keep in mind, if your gymnast was not at practice the day of the assessment, we did our best to make it up, but they may have just missed one (the blank spaces on the sheet)