Important Things to Do This Week!
- We hope you all can come this Sunday Feb 12th from 1-3pm to Skatin’ Place for some team building fun! All family members are invited. See details below. You can still come even if you forgot to sign up on SUG but please email Cristie Jackson, [email protected], so we know how many will be there to save table space.
- Pick up a box of chocolate bars to sell if you want see details below
- Go out and get advertisements/sponsors for our Regional Meet
- EAF of $60 due Feb 15th, please make sure you have enough money in your account.
- Due Wed February 15th– $60 for the Equipment Assessment Fee (per family)
o The EAF will be withdrawn from your family account on 2/15, please make sure there is enough money to cover the fee by then
- Due Fri March 3rd– Regional and National meet fees and forms for those qualifying in Level 4 and up
o Please note there are gymnast forms that are due by this date along with payment. Kristin has emailed the forms for Regionals and will send out the National forms when she receives them. Late payments are not accepted for Regional and National meets per Handbook policy. If forms and payment are not turned in on time and previous arrangements have not been made with Kristin, then unfortunately, your gymnast will not be able to compete. We do not have a lot of turn around time from our due date to the date everything must be turned in to the host team.
o Regionals: $65 (per gymnast)
- Qualifying score: 27AA in 2 separate meets for Levels 4,5 and 9; 28AA in 2 separate meets for Levels 6, 7, 8 and Xcel Gold and Xcel Platinum
- Dates: April 7-9th
- Location: Hamilton HS
o Nationals: $100 in the past (per gymnast)
- Qualifying scores: All in at least 1 meet, Level 4- 32AA, Level 5-8 31AA, Xcel Gold and Platinum 33AA
- Dates: June 29th– July 2nd
- Location: Savannah, GA
- ***Please remember fundraisers can help fill up your family account to offset or eliminate your out of pocket costs for these fees. Current fundraising includes selling advertisements/getting sponsors for our Regional meet. If you have any questions, please contact Mariellen Voit or Jim Buisson. We will also be selling candy bars Feb 6st– 20th.
Nationals Information Meeting Thurs Feb 16th 5:15-5:45pm:
- We will be sending out an email in the next week to the parents of Level 4 and up gymnasts about Nationals.
- The meeting on Feb 16th is not a formal “meeting” but will be a time when anyone with questions can stop in the office and talk to some parents who have been to Nationals before.
- If you already have booked a hotel or house, please email Mandy, [email protected], and let me know so I can include it in the information in case others want to book where you are staying.
- If anyone is interested in coordinating any team activities while we’re there, please email Mandy
Candy Bar Fundraiser Now through Mon Feb 20th:
- To participate, please come to Kristin’s office to pick up a box of chocolate bars before 4:15pm or contact Mandy, [email protected], to arrange another time to pick so we don’t interrupt the coaches during practice to unlock the office.
- You must commit to selling a full box of candy bars.
- Each box contains 60 bars. And each bar is sold for $1. The profit is 50%. So your family account will earn $24 for every box sold, after 20% goes to the team account.
- Once you have sold all the bars in a box, please turn in the money ($60) to Kristin
- Money turned in must be either cash (please no change) or 1 check per box of candy bars.
- You may sign out another box of chocolate bars when you turn in the money for the previous box.
- All money must be turned in by Mon Feb 2/20.
Team Building Fun at Skatin’ Place Sun Feb 12th
- Come and enjoy 2 hours of roller skating or roller blading fun with your fellow Monarchs and Coaches
- All family members are invited
- Time 1-3pm at Skatin’ Place on Colerain Ave. near the intersection of Colerain Ave and Galbraith Rd
- Cost $6/person including skate rental
- Bring extra $ if you/your gymnast want any concessions or to play arcade games.
Pictures Friday Feb 24th Note I had the wrong date last week- sorry
- Please try to make sure your gymnast can attend if at all possible. We would like to take an individual picture of each gymnast.
- Pictures will be available for purchase. More details to come J
- 4:00pm Level 3 Individuals
- 4:45pm Level 3 Group
- 5:00pm TEAM
- 5:30pm Level 4 Group
- 5:45 Level 4 Individuals
- 6:30pm Level 5 and Xcel Gold Group
- 6:45pm Level 5 and Xcel Gold Individuals
- 7:15 Level 6-9 and Xcel Platinum Group followed by Individuals
Upcoming Important Dates!
- February 6th to 20th– Chocolate Bar Fundraiser for family accounts
- February 12th– Team Builder at Skatin’ Place 1:00-3:00pm
- February 15th– EAF $60 due
- February 16th– Nationals Q & A 5:15-5:45pm
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- February 19th– Open gym at CGA
- February 24th– Team and Individual Pictures
- March 3rd– Regional and National fees due with paperwork
- March 5th– Tentative Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 8th– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
- March 12th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 18th & 19th– Districts at Kettering
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
- May 4th– Tentative date for Recognition Ceremony
- May 6/7th– Tentative dates for moving springboards
- June 29th– July 2nd– Nationals in Savannah
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Meet Etiquette Friendly Reminders:
- Girls arrive in leotard and warm-ups with hair done and packed meet bag by the report time given on SUG (15 min prior to start of stretch on schedule).
- Parents send off their gymnasts and find their seats. From that point, parents will not be able to talk to their gymnast(s) until released by coaches and/or team host, even if injury/tears occur. We ask that you please remember to not follow a gymnast to the bathroom, with or without tears! The coaches will take care of them.
- For the safety of all athletes, parents are not permitted in competition area before, during or after the meet. Please remain in the audience.
These rules are very important for gymnast growth and we take them very seriously. Let’s work together to ensure a safe and fun experience.
Treasurer – Annemarie
Family Account Statements
Updated Family Account statements will be put in family folders this weekend. Please note that the 1st half of the EAF-
Equipment Assessment Fee ($60) is due Feb 15. This charge will be reflected on your Family Account statement, so please make a deposit by Feb 15 if you don’t have enough in your account to cover this. Please review your statement carefully and email me at [email protected] with any questions. Thank you!
Regional Championships – Mariellen Voit
Do you know…
- A medical professional (i.e. doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, EMT, athletic trainer) who would be willing to donate their time during Regional Championships. We need to have a medical professional on site throughout the meet. Please contact Tricia Andersen at [email protected] so she can add you/them to the schedule.
- A Business that would purchase ad space in our program or sponsor the event? Don’t forget that you can earn 20% for your family account upon receipt of payment.
- Food Manufacturers, Restaurant owners, Caterers, Groceries or Food distributors that would donate or discount food to be used in concessions or hospitality. Contact Jim Buisson at [email protected].
If you have any questions on how you can help make our meet a success, please reach out to one of the meet directors – Jim Buisson, Renee VanderVeen or me.