Important Things to Do This Week!
- Money for Chocolate bar sales was due Mon Feb 20th, please turn it in ASAP if you haven’t done so already.
- Picture day is this Fri Feb 24th. Level 3s should be at the gym from 4pm- 6pm, Everyone else should arrive by 4:45pm for the team picture. Level 4’s should be picked up at 6:30pm, Level 5’s and Xcel Gold at 7:15pm and Levels 7, 8 and Xcel Platinum at 7:30pm.
- If your gymnast is competing in Regionals or Nationals please fill out the registration/waiver forms and make sure you have enough money in your family account to cover the meet fees by next Fri March 3rd.
- Go out and get advertisements/sponsors for our Regional Meet
2017 Regional Championships – Mariellen Voit
We are making progress!
- 3 Teams have registered
- 1 Meet Sponsor, 1 Event Sponsor, 1 Gymnast Patron and several program ads
- Apparel orders are being received
- Donations are being secured
- Hotel rooms are being booked
All of this means that we are on our way to making this a successful and profitable event for the Monarchs!
With just over 6 weeks until A Royal Affair, we still need the following:
- Sponsors, Program Advertisers and Donations – contact Jim Buisson ([email protected])
- Medical professionals to work Saturday and Sunday shifts – contact Patricia Andersen ([email protected])
- Volunteers for Friday morning Equipment set up (must be 18) – contact Stephanie Haarlammert ([email protected])
- Order apparel or place a personal message in the program. You don’t have to participate to place an order (Level 3’s want the Royal treatment, too!). Orders are due March 11th.
- Make friends and family aware of this event. For all the latest information, check out our website at https://regionals.pcymonarchs.com/, follow us on Facebook at 2017 YMCA Great Lakes Regional Championships or Twitter and Instagram! @2017regionals.
Things to remember:
- Every family is required to help with a pre-meet task. Thank you to all who have volunteered. Many tasks have been complete, some are underway, and some have yet to be done. We will be contacting you to provide the detail needed to complete your task. However, if you have any questions, just ask.
- Every family is required to help with setup or clean up.
- Every family is required to work during the meet regardless of whether your gymnast will be participating. Please block the entire weekend now (April 7-9) to allow for maximum flexibility. We have not yet decided how many of the 7 sessions each family will have to provide an adult to work. As always, we will not schedule you while your gymnast is competing.
If you have any questions, please contact Jim B, Renee V, or Mariellen.
- Due Sat March 4th– Regional and National meet fees and forms for those qualifying in Level 4 and up
o Please note there are gymnast forms that are due by this date along with payment. This is how we know to sign your gymnast up for the meet. It is not assumed that your gymnast will compete, and there is no SUG for scratches. Late payments are not accepted for Regional and National meets per Handbook policy. If forms and payment are not turned in on time and previous arrangements have not been made with Kristin, then unfortunately, your gymnast will not be able to compete. We do not have a lot of turn around time from our due date to the date everything must be turned in to the host team.
- For Regionals:
- Waiver forms were emailed a few weeks ago, are on the website and are attached to this email.
- For Nationals:
- Waiver forms were placed in family folders last week, are on the website and are attached to this email.
o Regionals: $65 (per gymnast)
- Qualifying score: 27AA in 2 separate meets for Levels 4,5 and 9; 28AA in 2 separate meets for Levels 6, 7, 8 and Xcel Gold and Xcel Platinum
- Dates: April 7-9th
- Location: Hamilton HS
o Nationals: $100 in the past (per gymnast)
- Qualifying scores: All in at least 1 meet, Level 4
- – 32AA, Level 5-8 31AA, Xcel Gold and Platinum 33AA
- Dates: June 29th– July 2nd
- Location: Savannah, GA
- ***Please remember fundraisers can help fill up your family account to offset or eliminate your out of pocket costs for these fees. Current fundraising includes selling advertisements/getting sponsors for our Regional meet. If you have any questions, please contact Mariellen Voit or Jim Buisson.
- 2017 Gymnast Registration Form waiver form 2017
- waiver form 2017
Pictures Friday Feb 24th
- Please try to make sure your gymnast can attend if at all possible. We would like to take an individual picture of each gymnast.
- Pictures will be available for purchase. See details in Kristin’s email.
- 4:00pm Level 3 Individuals
- 4:45pm Level 3 Group
- 5:00pm TEAM
- 5:30pm Level 4 Group
- 5:45 Level 4 Individuals
- 6:30pm Level 5 and Xcel Gold Group
- 6:45pm Level 5 and Xcel Gold Individuals
- 7:15 Level 6-9 and Xcel Platinum Group followed by Individuals
Upcoming Important Dates!
- February 24th– Team and Individual Pictures
- March 3rd– Regional and National fees due with paperwork
- March 5th– Tentative Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 8th– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
- March 11th– Regional Apparel Orders are due if purchasing
- March 12th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 18th & 19th– Districts at Kettering
- March 20th– Regional Program Personal Messages due if purchasing
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
- May 4th– Tentative date for Recognition Ceremony
- May 6/7th– Tentative dates for moving springboards
- June 29th– July 2nd– Nationals in Savannah
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Thank you all for joining us at CGA. We had a great turn out and hope to do it againJ
A schedule will be out by next Tuesday. It will be emailed and posted on website.
Please don’t forget to turn in your waivers, apparel orders or Senior information. There is still a lot of work to make this meet great, ask how you can help!
Information is in family folders. Don’t wait to turn in gymnast registration form.