2017 Regional Championships – Mariellen Voit
Can you help? We will be setting up equipment on Friday, April 7th. The equipment is being rented from Midwest Gym Supply and they require that we provide at least 12 volunteers over age 18 who can lift 75 lbs. We would like to schedule setup for Friday morning but need an idea of the number of volunteers available. Since our team has had practice moving and setting up equipment, it should be an easy task. Please let Stephanie Haarlammert ([email protected]) or me ([email protected]) know if you are available to set up on the morning of Friday, April 7. Every family will need to volunteer for set up (various times Thursday evening – Friday) and/or clean up (Sunday after the last session).
Advertisements and Sponsorships – Please make an effort to contact businesses that you support or your employer to see if they are willing to support the PCY Monarchs through advertising or sponsorship. The deadline is March 10, 2017 but we may be able to extend the turn in date, if necessary. We understand that some businesses may not want their name listed so we are more than willing to accept an anonymous donor and not include their name. Additionally, if a business requests something different in return for their contribution, i.e. setting up a vendor table or including their promotional material, just ask Jim Buisson ([email protected]) or me ([email protected]). We are very flexible and want to accommodate our supporters. Remember that you earn 20% of the sale for your family account.
Important Things to Do This Week!
- Good Luck Sat at the GMV meet! Please arrive 15min before the stretch time to allow time to park, get in and get ready to go: Levels 6-9 and Xcel Platinum- 7:45am, Level 5 and Xcel Gold- 11am, Level 3- 1:30pm, Level 4 4:30pm
- Open gym at CGA is scheduled for this Sun Feb 19th 12-1:30pm Level 5 and up, 1:30-3:00pm Level 3 and 4. Cost $10. Your gymnast must also have a signed waiver to participate. Waivers are available in your family folder or you can print it at home. (Kristin sent it out via email)
- Money for Chocolate bar sales is due Mon Feb 20th
- Go out and get advertisements/sponsors for our Regional Meet
- EAF of $60 was due Feb 15th, please make sure you had enough money in your account, as there is a $15 late fee that will be applied to your family account if it is not paid for by Feb 22nd.
Upcoming Invoices: (per family)
- Due Fri March 3rd– Regional and National meet fees and forms for those qualifying in Level 4 and up
o Please note there are gymnast forms that are due by this date along with payment. Kristin has emailed the forms for Regionals and will send out the National forms when she receives them. Late payments are not accepted for Regional and National meets per Handbook policy. If forms and payment are not turned in on time and previous arrangements have not been made with Kristin, then unfortunately, your gymnast will not be able to compete. We do not have a lot of turn around time from our due date to the date everything must be turned in to the host team.
o Regionals: $65 (per gymnast)
- Qualifying score: 27AA in 2 separate meets for Levels 4,5 and 9; 28AA in 2 separate meets for Levels 6, 7, 8 and Xcel Gold and Xcel Platinum
- Dates: April 7-9th
- Location: Hamilton HS
o Nationals: $100 in the past (per gymnast)
- Qualifying scores: All in at least 1 meet, Level 4- 32AA, Level 5-8 31AA, Xcel Gold and Platinum 33AA
- Dates: June 29th– July 2nd
- Location: Savannah, GA
- ***Please remember fundraisers can help fill up your family account to offset or eliminate your out of pocket costs for these fees. Current fundraising includes selling advertisements/getting sponsors for our Regional meet. If you have any questions, please contact Mariellen Voit or Jim Buisson. We will also be selling candy bars Feb 6st– 20th.
Candy Bar Fundraiser Now through Mon Feb 20th:
- To participate, please come to Kristin’s office to pick up a box of chocolate bars before 4:15pm or contact Mandy, [email protected], to arrange another time to pick so we don’t interrupt the coaches during practice to unlock the office.
- You must commit to selling a full box of candy bars.
- Each box contains 60 bars. And each bar is sold for $1. The profit is 50%. So your family account will earn $24 for every box sold, after 20% goes to the team account.
- Once you have sold all the bars in a box, please turn in the money ($60) to Kristin
- Money turned in must be either cash (please no change) or 1 check per box of candy bars.
- You may sign out another box of chocolate bars when you turn in the money for the previous box.
- All money must be turned in by Mon Feb 2/20.
Pictures Friday Feb 24th
- Please try to make sure your gymnast can attend if at all possible. We would like to take an individual picture of each gymnast.
- Pictures will be available for purchase. More details to come J
- 4:00pm Level 3 Individuals
- 4:45pm Level 3 Group
- 5:00pm TEAM
- 5:30pm Level 4 Group
- 5:45 Level 4 Individuals
- 6:30pm Level 5 and Xcel Gold Group
- 6:45pm Level 5 and Xcel Gold Individuals
- 7:15 Level 6-9 and Xcel Platinum Group followed by Individuals
Treasurer – Annemarie
Family Account Statements
Updated Family Account statements were put in folders Monday evening. These reflect any payments made through mid-day Thursday 2/9. If you have made a payment since then and need an updated balance, please email me at [email protected]. Thank you!
Meet Etiquette Friendly Reminders:
- Girls arrive in leotard and warm-ups with hair done and packed meet bag by the report time given on SUG (15 min prior to start of stretch on schedule).
- Parents send off their gymnasts and find their seats. From that point, parents will not be able to talk to their gymnast(s) until released by coaches and/or team host, even if injury/tears occur. We ask that you please remember to not follow a gymnast to the bathroom, with or without tears! The coaches will take care of them.
- For the safety of all athletes, parents are not permitted in competition area before, during or after the meet. Please remain in the audience.
These rules are very important for a gymnasts growth and we take them very seriously. Let’s work together to ensure a safe and fun experience.
Open Gym Opportunity
Cincinnati Gymnastics Academy – 3635 Woodridge Boulevard, Fairfield, OH 45014
Cost: $10 per gymnast, pay with cash or check (make payable to pcy monarchs)
12-1:30pm – Level 5-8, Xcel Gold and Platinum
1:30-3:00pm – Level 3 and 4
This is a special opportunity that has not been offered before so I encourage everyone to participate. CGA has equipment that our girls do not have access to so, it’s a great way to work on skills that they may be struggling with or skills for the next level. We are renting out the entire facility so our girls will have access to ALL of the equipment.
You may pay ahead of time or the day of.
A wavier is attached and required at entry.Registration-Form-front-2014-2015
Waivers have also been placed in family folders.
Full GMV Meet Schedule Feb 18th, 2017:
- Located at the Fitton Family YMCA
1307 NW Washington Blvd Hamilton, OH 45013
- Session 1: Levels 6-9 and Xcel Platinum (51 gymnasts)
8:00 a.m. Open stretch
8:15 a.m. Coaches meeting
8:30 a.m. Warm-up first event
8:55 a.m. Presentation of Teams
11:15 a.m. Awards
- Session 2: Level 5 and Xcel Gold (40 gymnasts)
11:15 a.m. Open stretch
11:45 a.m. Warm-up first event
12:00 p.m. Presentation of Teams
- Session 3: Level 3 (81 gymnasts)
1:45 p.m. Open stretch
2:10 p.m. Warm-up first event
2:25 p.m. Presentation of Teams
4:45 p.m. Awards
- Session 4: Level 4 (56 gymnasts)
4:45 p.m. Open stretch
5:15 p.m. Warm-up first event
5:35 p.m. Presentation of Teams
7:30 p.m. Awards
- Upcoming Important Dates!
- February 6th to 20th– Chocolate Bar Fundraiser for family accounts
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- February 19th– Open gym at CGA
- February 24th– Team and Individual Pictures
- March 3rd– Regional and National fees due with paperwork
- March 5th– Tentative Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 8th– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
- March 11th– Regional Apparel Orders are due if purchasing
- March 12th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 18th & 19th– Districts at Kettering
- March 20th– Regional Program Personal Messages due if purchasing
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
- May 4th– Tentative date for Recognition Ceremony
- May 6/7th– Tentative dates for moving springboards
- June 29th– July 2nd– Nationals in Savannah