Important Things to Do This Week!
- Make sure you sign up for a before the Regional meet task if you have not done so yet by contacting Stephanie Haarlammert
- Please look at the volunteer opportunities for the upcoming team events and consider helping out
- If your gymnast is attending open gym this Sun, please sign up and pay at the front desk
- Scratches for the Countryside meet are due Jan. 8th on SUG
Volunteer Opportunities for Team Events:
- The board is looking for people to Chair 2 events coming up:
o National Chair- Lead parent information meeting tentatively on Feb 15th (date can be changed to accommodate chairperson). Put together some housing information. Work with others to plan a couple fun events for the girls/families in Savannah.
o Recognition Ceremony Chair- Head a committee to secure a location, plan food and decorations, get volunteers to set up, work during and clean up.
- If you have any questions or are willing to volunteer for one of these positions, please email me [email protected].
- Due January 18th– $65 for last 2 regular season meets ($15 each) and Districts ($35)
o All gymnasts are strongly encouraged to participate in the District meet. The only requirement is to compete in 2 regular season meets
- Due February 15th– $60 for the Equipment Assessment Fee
o The EAF will be withdrawn from your family account on 2/15, please make sure there is enough money to cover the fee by then
- Due in March, dates TBD- Regional and National meet fees for those qualifying in Level 4 and up
o Regionals: $65 in the past
- Qualifying score: 27AA in 2 separate meets all levels 4 and up
- Dates: April 7-9th
- Location: Hamilton HS
o Nationals: $100 in the past
- Qualifying scores: All in at least 1 meet, Level 4- 32AA, Level 5-8 31AA, Xcel Gold and Platinum 33AA
- Dates: June 29th– July 2nd
- Location: Savannah, GA
Upcoming Important Dates!
- January 8th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30pm
- January 11th– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
- January 15th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30pm
- January 18th– 2nd Half of Meet Fees including Districts is due $65
- January 21st– Meet at Countryside
- February 1st– 15th– Chocolate Bar Fundraiser for family accounts
- February 4th– Meet at Union County
- February 12th– Tentative date for Team Builder
- February 15th– EAF $60 due
- February 15th– Tentative date for National Information Meeting
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- March 18th & 19th– Districts
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
- May 11th– Tentative date for Recognition Ceremony
- June 29th– July 2nd– Nationals in Savannah
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Please join us this Sunday, 1/8/17 from 12:30-2:30 in the lodge for some extra gym time. Price is $10 and you may register at the front desk at PCY
New PCY Gymnast
All-please help me welcome Chris Nowak and her family our PCY Monarch family. Chris comes from our RCDurr YMCA in Erlanger Ky. This is her first experience being part of a competitive team and we are very glad to have her.
Conditioning Challenge Update – Coach Jasmine