Important Things to Do This Week!
- Keep an eye out for SUGs to come out soon for the GMV meet, Skating party and Candy Bar fundraiser
- Go out and get advertisements/sponsors for our Regional Meet
- Due February 15th– $60 for the Equipment Assessment Fee (per family)
o The EAF will be withdrawn from your family account on 2/15, please make sure there is enough money to cover the fee by then
- Due March 3rd– Regional and National meet fees for those qualifying in Level 4 and up
o Please note there are gymnast forms that are due by this date along with payment. Kristin has emailed the forms for Regionals and will send out the National forms when she receives them. Late payments are not accepted for Regional and National meets per Handbook policy. If forms and payment are not turned in on time and previous arrangements have not been made with Kristin, then unfortunately, your gymnast will not be able to compete. We do not have a lot of turn around time from our due date to the date everything must be turned in to the host team.
o Regionals: $65 (per gymnast)
- Qualifying score: 27AA in 2 separate meets all levels 4 and up
- Dates: April 7-9th
- Location: Hamilton HS
o Nationals: $100 in the past (per gymnast)
- Qualifying scores: All in at least 1 meet, Level 4- 32AA, Level 5-8 31AA, Xcel Gold and Platinum 33AA
- Dates: June 29th– July 2nd
- Location: Savannah, GA
- ***Please remember fundraisers can help fill up your family account to offset or eliminate your out of pocket costs for these fees. Current fundraising includes selling advertisements/getting sponsors for our Regional meet. If you have any questions, please contact Mariellen Voit or Jim Buisson. We will also be selling candy bars Feb 1st– 15th. More details to come
Mark it Down:
- Candy bar fundraiser Feb 1-15th.
o SUG to commit to selling a box of chocolate will go out soon.
o Bars are sold for $1 and we make 50% profit, so $0.50
o Each box contains 60 bars. So your family account will earn $24 for every box sold, after 20% goes to the team account.
- Team building fun at Skatin’ Place Feb 12th – Please note I put in the wrong date last week. It is Sunday Feb 12th, not Mon the 13th
o Come and enjoy 2 hours of roller skating or roller blading fun with your fellow Monarchs and Coaches’
o All family members are invited
o Time 1-3pm at Skatin’ Place on Colerain Ave. near the intersection of Colerain Ave and Galbraith Rd
o Cost $6/person including skate rental
o Bring extra $ if you/your gymnast want any concessions or to play arcade games.
- Pictures Feb 10th
o More details to come
Upcoming Important Dates!
- February 1st– 15th– Chocolate Bar Fundraiser for family accounts
- February 4th– Meet at Union County
- February 10th– Tentative date for Team Pictures
- February 11th– Tentative date for Individual Pictures
- February 12th– Team Builder at Skatin’ Place 1:00-3:00pm
- February 15th– EAF $60 due
- February 16th– Nationals Q & A 5:15-5:45pm
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- February 19th– Open gym at CGA
- March 3rd– Regional and National fees due with paperwork
- March 5th– Tentative Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 8th– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
- March 12th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 18th & 19th– Districts at Kettering
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
- May 4th– Tentative date for Recognition Ceremony
- May 6/7th– Tentative dates for moving springboards
- June 29th– July 2nd– Nationals in Savannah
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
What a successful weekend. Congratulations to all of our athletes who competed at Countryside over the weekend. Our season’s end is approaching, please make every effort to attend all practices so we can finish the season out strong. Also, don’t miss the open gym opportunity at CGA. More information below.
Cincinnati Gymnastics Academy – 3635 Woodridge Boulevard, Fairfield, OH 45014
Cost: $10 per gymnast, pay with cash or check (make payable to pcy monarchs)
12-1:30pm – Level 5-8, Xcel Gold and Platinum
1:30-3:00pm – Level 3 and 4
This is a special opportunity that has never happened so I encourage everyone to participate. CGA has equipment that our girls do not have access to so, it’s a great way to work on skills that they may be struggling with or skills for the next level. We are renting out the entire facility so our girls will have access to ALL of the equipment.
You may pay ahead of time or the day of.
A wavier is also attached and required at entry.Registration-Form-front-2014-2015
District Championships-Hosted by Kettering YMCA
March 18 & 19
All information has gone out via email and placed in family folders. Meet fees are paid through your family account and send in through me. All apparel and cheers forms go directly to Kettering. Please follow their directions and be on time.
Regionals-Hosted by the best team ever!
2017 YMCA Great Lakes Regional Gymnastics Championships – “A Royal Affair”– at Hamilton High School in Hamilton, OH near the Queen City of Cincinnati on April 7-9, 2017.
Forms are in family folders and also located on our amazing Regionals website. Regionals.pcymoarchs.com. Even if your athlete isn’t competing, we have some awesome apparel that will help support our team.
- Electronic copies are available so forms can be typed and submitted electronically to our email, [email protected], when applicable. You will be able to find all forms on our website http://regionals.pcymonarchs.com/under Forms.
- Complete information can be found on our website! http://regionals.pcymonarchs.com/. Like us on Facebook! 2017 YMCA Great Lakes Regional Championships.Follow us on Twitter and Instagram! @2017regionals. Updates will be posted regularly.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].
- Meet Olympic Gold Medalist and Dancing with the Stars Champion LAURIE HERNANDEZ!
- Laurie Hernandez will be at Joseph-Beth Booksellers on Monday, January 30 at 7 pm to meet her fans and sign copies of her new book for middle-grade readers, I Got This: To Gold and Beyond. Tickets for the event are free with the purchase of I Got This at Joseph-Beth Cincinnati; they can be purchased by calling 513-396-8960 or stopping into the store. She will be signing all of the books in advance and taking pictures with her fans.
- At sixteen years old, Laurie Hernandez has already made many of her dreams come true. A Latina Jersey girl, Laurie saw her life take a dramatic turn last summer when she was chosen to be a part of the 2016 US Olympic gymnastics team. After winning gold in Rio as part of the Final Five, Laurie also earned an individual silver medal for her performance on the balance beam. She continued to dance her way into everyone’s hearts while competing on the hit TV showDancing with the Stars, where she was the youngest-ever winner of the Mirrorball Trophy. Poignant and funny, Laurie’s story is about growing up with the dream of becoming an Olympian and what it took to win gold. She talks about her loving family, her rigorous training, her intense sacrifices, and her amazing triumphs. Be prepared to fall in love with and be mesmerized by America’s newest sweetheart all over again!
SUG Link to Scratch for GMV – Due by February 5th
Dicks Sporting Goods – corporateWestern & Southern Financial GroupKroger – corporate and FinneytownMeijer – corporateLarosas – corporateJungle JimUS Bank Hamilton branchFirst financial bankUS Bank-corporate officeCVSAldi