Important Things to Do This Week!
- Please bring money for coaches’ gifts and put in folder labeled holiday party or give directly to Mandy Elmer by Thurs Dec 15th
- Plan to attend the Regional Meet Parent Meeting at either 5pm when you drop off your gymnast for the holiday party or at 6pm before you pick up your gymnast. It will be held in to Aquatic Club Room and shouldn’t be more than 30min, but will be filled with important information.
- Sign up on the upcoming SUG to volunteer or bring something to the Monarch Holiday Party. (We will work it out so that volunteers can take turns going to the parent meeting)
Holiday Party Dec 16th 5-6:30pm:
- The party will take the place of practices that date.
- There will be a holiday gift exchange between the gymnasts. Please have your gymnast bring a $10 present for another gymnast their same age.
New Leotard Sale:
- If you need a last minute gift or your gymnast just needs a new leo, I will be running the New Leo Sale one last day this Sat Dec 17th from 9am-11:30am. Spread the word 🙂
Volunteer Opportunities for Team Events:
- The board is looking for people to Chair 2 events coming up:
o National Chair- Lead parent information meeting tentatively on Feb 15th (date can be changed to accommodate chairperson). Put together some housing information. Work with others to plan a couple fun events for the girls/families in Savannah.
o Recognition Ceremony Chair- Head a committee to secure a location, plan food and decorations, get volunteers to set up, work during and clean up.
- If you have any questions or are willing to volunteer for one of these positions, please email me [email protected].
- Is in and will be passed out soon.
Please look at the Upcoming Important Dates for new things posted.
Upcoming Important Dates!
- December 16th– Team Holiday Party 5-6:30pm
- December 16th– Regionals Parent Meeting at either 5pm or 6pm
- December 17th– New Leo sale 9-11:30am
- December 21st– January 2nd– Holiday Practice Schedule (no practice 12/22- 12/26)
- January 8th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30pm
- January 11th– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
- January 15th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30pm
- January 18th– 2nd Half of Meet Fees including Districts is due
- January 21st– Meet at Countryside
- February 1st– 15th– Chocolate Bar Fundraiser for family accounts
- February 4th– Meet at Union County
- February 12th– Tentative date for Team Builder
- February 15th– EAF $60 due
- February 15th– Tentative date for National Information Meeting
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- March 18th & 19th– Districts
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
- May 11th– Tentative date for Recognition Ceremony
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Congrats to all Monarchs who competed over the weekend. Great job, your hard work is paying off. We are looking forward to having a few weeks before our next meet. We will be focusing again on strength and shape. Please take a look at the holiday practice schedule and let us know if your athlete(s) will not be at practice. These next few weeks are really important to finish the season out strong.
Sidney Shelby level results:
Level 3- 3rd place
Level 4- 3rd place
Level 5- 3rd place
Level 7- 1st place
Xcel Platinum-1st place
Xcel Gold- 2nd place