Important Things to Do This Week!
- Make sure you have enough money in your family account to cover the 2nd half of the season meet fees and District’s meet fee. It was due 1/18. A $15 late fee will be assessed for payments not made by 1/25.
- Good luck at the Countryside meet! Please arrive 15min before stretch time. Ideal Arrival Times: Level 3 7:15am; Level 4 11:00am; Levels 5 and Xcel Gold 2:00pm; Levels 6-9 and Xcel Platinum 5:15pm
- Go out and get advertisements/sponsors for our Regional Meet
- Please review the Important Upcoming Dates. There are several tentative dates, but I want to make people aware of events coming up even if the date isn’t set in stone yet.
- Past Due January 18th– $65 for last 2 regular season meets ($15 each) and Districts ($35) (per gymnast)
o All gymnasts are strongly encouraged to participate in the District meet. The only requirement is to compete in 2 regular season meets
o Districts will be at Kettering this year (Yay! Nice and close)
- Due February 15th– $60 for the Equipment Assessment Fee (per family)
o The EAF will be withdrawn from your family account on 2/15, please make sure there is enough money to cover the fee by then
- Due March 3rd– Regional and National meet fees for those qualifying in Level 4 and up
o Regionals: $65 (per gymnast)
- Qualifying score: 27AA in 2 separate meets all levels 4 and up
- Dates: April 7-9th
- Location: Hamilton HS
o Nationals: $100 in the past (per gymnast)
- Qualifying scores: All in at least 1 meet, Level 4- 32AA, Level 5-8 31AA, Xcel Gold and Platinum 33AA
- Dates: June 29th– July 2nd
- Location: Savannah, GA
- ***Please remember fundraisers can help fill up your family account to offset or eliminate your out of pocket costs for these fees. Current fundraising includes selling advertisements/getting sponsors for our Regional meet. If you have any questions, please contact Mariellen Voit or Jim Buisson. We will also be selling candy bars Feb 1st– 15th. More details to come
Mark it Down:
- Candy bar fundraiser Feb 1-15th.
o SUG to commit to selling a box of chocolate will go out next week.
o Bars are sold for $1 and we make 50% profit, so $0.50
o Each box contains 60 bars. So your family account will earn $24 for every box sold, after 20% goes to the team account.
- Team building fun at Skatin’ Place Feb 13th
o Come and enjoy 2 hours of roller skating or roller blading fun with your fellow Monarchs and Coaches’
o All family members are invited
o Time 1-3pm at Skatin’ Place on Colerain Ave. near the intersection of Colerain Ave and Galbraith Rd
o Cost $6/person including skate rental
o Bring extra $ if you/your gymnast want any concessions or to play arcade games.
- Pictures Feb 10th
o More details to come next week
Upcoming Important Dates!
- January 21st– Meet at Countryside
- January 25th– Late fee will be assessed for any 2nd half of the season meet fees not paid.
- February 1st– 15th– Chocolate Bar Fundraiser for family accounts
- February 4th– Meet at Union County
- February 10th– Tentative date for Team Pictures
- February 11th– Tentative date for Individual Pictures
- February 12th– Team Builder at Skatin’ Place 1:00-3:00pm
- February 15th– EAF $60 due
- February 16th– Nationals Q & A 5:15-5:45pm
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- February 19th– Open gym at CGA
- March 3rd– Regional and National fees due with paperwork
- March 5th– Tentative Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 8th– Parent Board Meeting 6:30pm
- March 12th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
- March 18th & 19th– Districts at Kettering
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
- May 4th– Tentative date for Recognition Ceremony
- May 6/7th– Tentative dates for moving springboards
- June 29th– July 2nd– Nationals in Savannah
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Don’t forget to remind your athlete about their meet buddy J
Countryside Meet information:
Please arrive early and ready to go!
SATURDAY, Jan 21, 2017
SESSION 1: LEVEL 3 (90 gymnasts) 18-20 minute rotations
Bar Settings & Stretch: 7:30 – 8:00 am Eagle, Wide Set Bars
Coaches Meeting: 8:00 am
Timed Warm Ups: 8:10 am
March In: 8:30-8:45 am (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition approx: 11:30 pm
SESSION 2: Levels 4 (68 gymnasts) 20 minute rotations
Bar Settings & Stretch: 11:15am-11:45am
Timed Warm Ups: 11:45 pm (Approximately)
March in: 12:05-12:15 pm (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition approx: 2:30 pm
SESSION 3: Level 5, and Xcel Gold (67 gymnasts) 17-20 minute rotations
Bar Settings & Stretch: 2:15pm-2:45pm
Warm up first event: 2:45pm (Approximately)
March in: 3:05-3:15 pm (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition approx: 5:45 pm
Session 4: Level 6-9 and Xcel Platinum (73 gymnasts)
Bar Settings & Stretch: 5:30pm-pm
Warm up first event: 6:00pm (Approximately)
March in: 6:35pm (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition approx: 9:45
Mark Your Calendars!
Open Gym Opportunity
Cincinnati Gymnastics Academy – 3635 Woodridge Boulevard, Fairfield, OH 45014
Cost: $10 per gymnast, pay with cash or check (make payable to pcy monarchs)
12-1:30pm – Level 5-8, Xcel Gold and Platinum
1:30-3:00pm – Level 3 and 4
This is a special opportunity that has never happened so I encourage everyone to participate. CGA has equipment that our girls do not have access to so, it’s a great way to work on skills that they may be struggling with or skills for the next level. We are renting out the entire facility so our girls will have access to ALL of the equipment.
You may pay ahead of time or the day of.
A wavier is also attached and required at entry.Registration-Form-front-2014-2015
Treasurer – Annemarie
Please be sure to scratch on SUG, even if you have let Kristin know your daughter will not be competing. This includes those who are competing high school gymnastics. This is how your account gets credited for missed meets.
Family Account Statements
Updated Family Account statements are in family folders. Please review carefully and email me at [email protected] with any questions. Please note that 2nd half of the season meet fees (2 meets @ $15 and Districts @ $35) are due Jan 18. I have reflected this charge on your Family Account statement, so please make a deposit by Jan 18 if you don’t have enough in your account to cover this. (If your gymnast ends up scratching one of these meets, a $15 credit will be put back in your account after the meet date.)
If You Have Multiple Kids on the Team – Please Read!
I mistakenly only charged you for 1 set of 2nd half meet fees on the statement I put in your folder last week. If you have multiple kids on the team please add another $65 due for each kid. I will put revised statements in folders this weekend. Sorry for the error!