Important Things to Do This Week!
- Please arrive to the Kettering meet on Sat Nov 5th 15min prior to your gymnast’s stretch time to allow time to park, find the gym, go to the bathroom, etc.: Level 6-9 and XLP 7:15am, Level 3 11:30am, Level 4 2:45pm, Level 5 and XLG 5:30pm. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
- Make sure your gymnast makes her meet buddy card and gives it to her level captain on Fri or if she forgets, to her meet buddy on Sat.
- If you have a gymnast is level 5 or up including xcel, check your family folders early next week for an updated family account statement including the meet fee for the added meet at REL which is due Nov. 18th.
FYI if this is your first meet at Kettering:
- The meet takes place in 2 gyms that are connected with vault and beam in 1 gym and bars and floor in the other.
- There will be signs posted in the doorways of the gyms telling you the rotations so you know which gym your gymnast will be starting in.
- If you have any questions, please find a returning Monarch parent and I’m sure they’ll be happy to help, we’ve all been there J
- There are just a couple of people who haven’t paid for/picked up their uniform pieces yet. If your gymnast does not have all their items, please pay ASAP so we can get those out. Any questions, email me at [email protected].
- If your gymnast is wearing their leo from last year, please double check their rhinestones. If you need replacements, contact Kristin.
- Order forms have been placed in family folders and were attached to last week’s email.
- Sample sizers are in the office, check with Kristin to try on before/after practice
- Payment must be made at the same time orders are placed. You can pay by 1. check to PCY Monarchs, please write “Spirit Wear” in memo line; 2. credit card at the front desk using slips above lock box, please write “Spirit wear” on copy of receipt and place in lock box; 3. cash in an envelope labeled “Spirit wear for gymnast’s name”; or 4. you can use funds existing in your family account if you have enough to cover the full amount, please mark this on your spirit wear order form.
- Forms are to be returned to a coach.
- Order forms/payments are due Nov 11th and should be ready for pick up by the end of November.
- If your purchase is a secret Christmas present, please note that on the order form and we will set up a way to get it to the parent not the gymnast J
Upcoming Important Dates!
- November 5th– First Meet at Kettering
- November 11th– Spirit Wear orders and payments due
- November 18th– Extra meet fee due for REL meet (Level 5 and up only)
- November 19th– Meet at Countryside
- November 24th & 25th– No Practice Happy Thanksgiving!
- December 3-10th– New Leo Sale
- December 3rd– Level 5 and up only Meet at REL (Norwood)
- December 10th– Meet at Sidney Shelby
- December 16th– Team Holiday Party
- January 21st– Meet at Countryside
- February 4th– Meet at Union County
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- March 18th & 19th– Districts
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
Ready or not, here we come!! Good luck to all athletes competing at the first meet of the season!
Please remember- gymnastics is a marathon, not spirit. We may have a few bumps in the road but the meet season is long and we will continue to improve. The coaches are very proud of all of the hard work our gymnasts have put in over the summer and during routine learning. Go Monarchs!
Get a good night sleep
Pack your meet bag the night before-heathy snack, water bottle, music (optional gymnast), 1 good luck charm, grips, tape, braces, medicine(if old enough)…
Initial all uniform pieces
Arrive early and ready to compete- go to the restroom, hair up, uniform on
*Once the kids start warming up in competition area, no communication between family and athlete is permitted until the end of competition. This is a very important rule that is enforced.
Kettering Parking Update:
Parking will be limited in the Kettering YMCA lot. Please be prepared to use the church lot next door, the parking lot across the street, and street parking. Plan ahead and be a few minutes early to allow time for parking.
You can reach me on my cell phone on Saturday. Please use it, don’t abuse it.
Coach’s Report – Jasmine
- Ad/Sponsorship Coordinator – Manage database and paperwork for all ad and sponsorship sales i.e. check for form completeness, payment received, electronic image for ad, input information in database, etc.
- Program Designer – layout program. This can be done as ad/sponsorship sales are received. List of content to be included will be provided. Program will also include good luck ads, senior photos, welcome letters, participating teams, list of donors, etc.
- Apparel pricing – determine options and cost for apparel to be sold (vendor on site vs. pre-order). Obtain options and pricing for volunteer t-shirts.