Important Things to Do This Week! – Mandy
- Meet fees for the first half of the meet season were due Oct. 2nd. If you have not paid yet, please do so ASAP as there will be a $15 late fee added to your account if it is not paid by Oct. 9th per Handbook Policy. Please label and place in lock box outside Kristin’s office.
- If your gymnast is a level 3-5, practice will be 4-5pm followed by the Mock Meet 5-7pm this Friday Oct 9th. (Optional gymnasts are welcome to attend the Mock Meet to help the younger gymnasts and coaches as needed)
- If this is your family’s first year with the team, PLEASE attend the New Parent Info meeting this Friday Oct 9th at 5pm in the gym (while the girls are warming up).
- Sign up at the front desk if your gymnasts is attending the open gym this Sun 10/11 12:30-2:30pm. Located in the lodge.
- If your gymnast will not be attending the first meet at Miami County, you must scratch your gymnast on SUG by 10/15.
- Optional warm-up leotard orders are due by 10/15. If you would like it to be a gift for your gymnast, please write that on their order form so we can give it to you and not your gymnast.
- Pay remaining balance of your uniform payment- see below for more details.
Mock Meet/New Parent Info Meeting Friday, October 9th at 5-7pm
- Mock Meet will only include Levels 3-5 this year due to limited room in lodge
- New Parent Information Meeting will include information on what to expect at meets, coaches’ expectations of gymnasts and parents and volunteer expectations at the home meet. We strongly recommend all new gymnasts and at least 1 parent attend this event.
- New Parent Meeting will take place in the Gym at 5pm while the gymnasts are warming up and stretching.
- The new leotards and undergarments have been delivered and the warm-ups have been shipped. We hope to have the invoices for the balance of the uniform payment due soon so please check your family folder frequently.
- After receiving the actual cost with shipping included, the leotards and undergarments remained the same price quoted on the original invoice (leo $75, 1-piece $15, bra $12.50, brief $9.50). The price for warm-up jackets decreased due to the old style of jacket is no longer available the most similar new style with shipping is $56.25 and the price for warm-up pants went up slightly with the cost of shipping and are $30.25.
- If you want to figure out how much you still owe ahead of time, here are the amounts still due for each item after the 50% of the original prices has been deducted: leotard $37.50, warm-up jacket $25.75, warm-up pants $15.75, 1-piece undergarment $7.50, bra $6.25, brief $4.75.
- Once your uniform pieces have been paid in full, your gymnast will be given her uniform. Remember, your gymnast cannot compete without her uniform, so it must be paid for by Oct. 23rd.
October 9th – Mock Meet, New Parent Meet Expectation Meeting
October 10th– Late fee of $15 will be added to any account that has not paid their meet fees
October 11th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30pm
October 12th– Parent Board Meeting
October 15th– Any scratches for Miami Co meet must be made on SUG by this date
October 15th– Optional warm up leotard orders are due
October 15th– October Equipment Assessment Fee due
October 17th – Fall festival (changed from 10/3) 12:00-3:30
October 18th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30pm
October 20th– Family fundraiser begins
October 24th– First meet of the season at Miami Co.- schedule and directions posted on our website calendar.
November 3rd– Orders for family fundraiser due
November 7th– Team building lunch and decorating party 12:30-2:30pm
November 8th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
November 11th– Parent Board Meeting
November 13th-Home Meet set-up
November 14th– Home Meet
Coaches Report – Kristin
We will no longer be offering one on one time with the athletes for routines. If your gymnast still needs work on her routine, please contact her direct coach to set up private lessons. Coaches can be available to work routines or individual skills. Each private lesson is $15.00.
All spirit wear should be in no later than October 20th. I will keep everyone posted if the date changes.
All gymnast are required to have an all-black duffle bag as part of their uniforms. We offered a Monarch embroidered bag for purchase with spirit wear. If you would like to still order an embroidered bag with gymnast name, please let me know. The cost is $22.00.
In order for your athlete to be eligible to compete, they are required to attend every scheduled practice the week of the meet. If they have a conflict and you know a head of time, please contact me to set up a makeup practice
Competition is a very exciting time for our gymnasts and coaches. Sometimes it can even get a little stressful. Please help us coaches to encourage our young athletes as they prepare mentally and physically for their first year as a competitive Monarch, or even their fifth. We just want our girls to always try their best and to be a great teammate.
Home Meet – Mariellen
This year’s theme is “All-Stars”. We’re really excited that so many gymnasts will be participating from around our cluster. PCY has a reputation for running a great meet and this is due to the Monarchs’ families’ full participation.
A brief overview of the Home Meet will be shared prior to the Mock Meet being held this Friday. As a reminder, all team families are required to provide an adult volunteer during the Home Meet. In addition, we utilize the gymnasts to help during the session in which they aren’t competing. Set up will begin Friday, Nov. 13 and includes moving equipment from PCY to CCDS. Once the last session is complete on Saturday, Nov 14, volunteers are needed for breakdown which includes unloading equipment at PCY. A Sign Up Genius will be sent out in a few weeks for any unfilled positions.
If for some reason, you are unable to fulfill your obligation to volunteer for the Home Meet (due to all day work obligations or being out of town), please contact Mariellen immediately. There are many behind the scenes jobs that need to be done. Even if you are helping, we are always in need of extra hands. Contact Mariellen ([email protected] or 513-675-2743) if you can help prior to the meet.
Thanks in advance for all you do to make the team a success! Stay tuned. More info to come.