Important Things to Do This Week! – Mandy
- Scratches for the home meet are due by Nov 5th on SUG
- Sign up for a volunteer position for home meet once SUG goes out
- Sell, sell, sell for the family fundraiser to fill up your family account before 2nd half of the meet season fees are due. Order forms are due Nov 3rd.
Team Home Meet Decorating Party
- Saturday Nov 7th 12:30- 2:30pm
- We will start with pizza, drinks and dessert for the girls to eat and hang out with each other, then they will work together to make decorations for our home meet that will also be hung up in the lodge after the home meet J
- Parents do not need to come, but are welcome to stay and hang or help out (please no siblings)
- A SUG will be sent out soon. Please sign up so we know how much pizza to order (it will cost $2/girl) and sign up to bring something to the party (food, drink and/or art supplies)
- Information went out in family folders
- Order forms must be turned in by November 3rd and items will be delivered by the end of November.
- If you have any questions, please contact Shonya Threatts.
November 3rd– Orders for family fundraiser due
November 5th- PCY Home Meet scratches due on SUG
November 7th– Team building lunch and decorating party 12:30-2:30pm
November 8th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
November 11th– Parent Board Meeting
November 13th-Home Meet set-up
November 14th– Home Meet
November 21st- Great Miami Valley Meet
November 25th-29th- No practice HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
December 12th- Sidney Shelby Meet
December 14th- Parent Board Meeting
December 18th- Team Christmas Party 4-6:30 (tentative time)
Volunteer Opportunities for Home Meet – Stephanie Haarlammert
Here are the Adult volunteer opportunities for the November 14th Home Meet being held at Cincinnati Country Day School. The gymnasts will be assigned at a later date. Thanks in advance to all gymnasts and families for making this home meet possible!
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP ONLINE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4. This gives us time to ensure that all slots are filled and for the coaches to assign gymnasts to work the same slots as their parents if possible.
- Each family must provide at least one adult volunteer during the meet. If additional help is needed, we will let you know. You are allowed to sign up for more than one assignment.
- Most time slots are 2-3 hours. If you sign up for a one-hour slot, you are expected to sign up for another slot or have two adult volunteers representing your family.
- You do not have to volunteer during a time when your gymnast is competing so you can support your gymnast.
- Be flexible. Times may change. Also, if you aren’t scheduled but see an area that needs help during the day, please be willing to step up and help.
- Meet Directors reserve the right to reassign volunteers as needed. You will be notified.
- Set-Up and Clean-Up Volunteers
- All families are to provide one adult Friday for set-up or Saturday for clean-up.
- These options are listed on Sign Up Genius so please choose for planning purposes.
- Set-up will begin by loading equipment at the Y at 4pm on Friday. At 6pm, the trucks will be unloaded at CCDS for set-up in their gym. Additional volunteers can help with setting up concessions, non-food sales, hospitality, or decorations.
- Clean-up begins as soon as the competition ends on Saturday, probably around 8pm, and will require equipment volunteers to return to the Y to unload the trucks. Other volunteers are needed to help tear down concessions, non-food sales, hospitality, and decorations.
Any questions about volunteering? Contact Stephanie Haarlammert at [email protected] or 295-2677 (call or text).