Important Things to Do This Week!
- 1st half of the season meets are due today, Wed Oct 12th ($60/gymnast). Please make sure there is money to cover amount due in your family account. If amount is not paid by Wed Oct 19th there will be a $15 late fee.
- Sign up on SUG to bring something to the Monarch Family Campfire or to volunteer to help.
- If your gymnast will not be attending the Mock Meet, please sign up on SUG by today, Wed Oct 12th.
- Sign up on SUG to volunteer to help with pre-meet activities
- Mock Meet/Campfire Fri see below for times
- Open gym Sunday 10/16 12:30-2:30 in lodge. Please sign up at front desk ($10).
- Fri Oct. 14th
o Gymnasts arrive at 4:30 to set-up and warm-up in gym
o New Families Parent Meeting at 5:00 in aquatic room
o Event “competition” starts at 5:30
- The Mock Meet is a great opportunity for the new gymnasts and parents to see how a meet goes and how it feels to perform routines in front of people, and for the returning gymnasts to practice their routines in a meet format.
- There are no scores/judges with the purpose to be supportive of where each gymnast is currently at with learning the routines.
- New Families Parent Meeting will cover everything you need to know about meet season including how to prepare for a meet, what your gymnast needs to bring to a meet and what to expect at a meet.
- NEW this year: We will have a Monarch family campfire with s’more roasting and meet and greet after the Mock Meet from 7:30-8:30pm
- Please sign up on SUG to bring something or volunteer during the events. Thank you to those who have!
- Level and Team Captains will be announced at the Mock Meet.
- We will be selling raffle tickets to win 2 Kellogg’s Tour of Champions tickets.
- We are looking forward to seeing everyone there!
- If your gymnast is not getting a new competition leotard this year, please check their old uniform for any missing rhinestones.
- If there are missing rhinestones, please get in touch with Kristin. She has a replacement kit in her office.
- Uniform orders are starting to come in, but at the time I’m typing this we are still waiting on leotards (which have shipped) and meet bags.
- Once all the invoices are in with actual shipping costs, a new uniform invoice will be placed in your family folder with what you still owe. Please feel free to pay into your account ahead of time based on the estimated cost.
- Uniforms will be passed out once all the pieces are in and will not be given out until your family account balance is zero or positive unless you have made other arrangements with Kristin.
Upcoming Important Dates!
- October 12th– 1st half of the season meet fees due ($60/gymnast)
- October 14th– Mock Meet and Monarch family s’mores and fun 4:30-8:30pm
- October 16th– Open gym 12:30-2:30
- October 21st– Kellogg’s Tour of Champions if you bought tickets
- October 30th– Open gym 12:30-2:30
- November 5th– First Meet at Kettering (see meet schedule below)
- November 12-17– Tentative dates for New Leo Sale
- November 19th– Meet at Countryside
- November 23-26th– No Practice Happy Thanksgiving!
- December 16th– Team Holiday Party
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
We have been working really hard in the gym over the past few weeks. There are a lot of routines to be taught and only so much time. Please make an effort to attend all scheduled practices in order to be ready to go for our first meet. Also, please make sure your athletes are practicing their routines daily. After homework and the hundred other things they doJ Repetition is key!
If your gymnast needs some extra one on one time please reach out to their coach to set up a private lesson.
Optional Routine Learning
If you have an athlete that is an optional level that still needs a floor routine. Please talk to them about who they want to choreograph their routine.
Coaches available at PCY:
October Conditioning Challenge
Do forget to ask your athletes about their progress! A little more conditioning outside of the gym goes a long way.
Meet Director – Mariellen
Kettering YMCA Gymnastics Meet
November 4 & 5, 2016
Located at the South YMCA
4545 Marshall Rd, Kettering OH 45429
We are very excited to have your team attend our November Competition. All sessions of competition will follow Modified Capital Cup format. Gymnasts will Warm Up their first event. After Presentation of Teams, gymnasts compete their first event and continually rotate to their next event for warm up and competition.
FRIDAY EVENING Session: XLG (36 Gymnasts)
5:30 pm Gym Opens for Stretching
6:15 pm Timed Warm Ups with Warm Up/Compete Format
6:30 pm Presentation of Teams
8:30 pm Competition Ends
Saturday Session 1: Levels 6-9 and XLP (64 Gymnasts)
7:30 am Gymnastics Center Opens for Stretching/Bar Sets
8:05 am Coaches Meeting
8:25 am Timed Warm Ups with Warm Up/Compete Format
8:45 am Presentation of Teams
11:45 am Competition Ends
Saturday Session 2: Levels 3 (72 Gymnasts)
11:45 am Report for Stretching in Awards Room
12:15 pm Timed Warm Ups
12:45 pm Presentation of Teams
3:15 pm Competition Ends
Saturday Session 3: Level 4 (72 Gymnasts)
3:00 pm Report for Stretching in Awards Room
3:30 pm Timed Warm Ups with Warm Up/Compete Format
4:00 pm Presentation of Teams
6:30 pm Competition Ends
Saturday Session 4: Level 5 (35 Gymnasts)
6:15 pm Report for Stretching in Awards Room
6:45 pm Timed Warm Ups with Warm Up/Compete Format
7:00 pm Presentation of Teams
8:30 pm Competition Ends