Important Things to Do This Week! – Mandy
1. Our 1st meet of the season is this Sat! Please make sure your gymnast arrives at Miami County YMCA on time and ready to go J (Levels 3&4 7:45am Levels 5 & up 10:15am) Please allow at least 1.5 hours to get there. GOOD LUCK!
2. Please have your gymnast make and turn in their Meet Buddy cards to their level captain at Friday’s practice.
3. Please make sure you are up to date on your Equipment Assessment Fees, October’s was due 10/15.
4. Meet fees for the first half of the meet season were due Oct. 2nd. If you have not paid yet, a $30 late fee has been added to your account. Meet fees must be paid in order for your gymnast to compete this Sat. Please label and place in lock box outside Kristin’s office. If you are having trouble affording the payment, please talk with Kristin.
• All of the uniform pieces have been delivered and invoices have been placed in family folders. (if you have questions about your invoice, please email Annemarie Fischer)
• Once your uniform pieces have been paid in full, your gymnast will be given her uniform after practice. (If the payment is placed in the lock box just before or during practice, we may not know that when handing out uniforms. Therefore, your daughter will get her uniform after the next practice) Remember, your gymnast cannot compete without her uniform, so it must be paid for by Oct. 23rd.
· Are your pockets feeling a little empty after paying meet fees and uniform fees? Here is a great opportunity to fill up your family account before the 2nd half of the season meet fees and post season meet fees are due.
· Attached is a letter describing the fundraiser. The fundraiser is through Great American. A catalog and order form was placed in your family folder.
· You can earn 40-50% of your sales depending on the item. 80% of what you earn will go into your family account and 20% into the team’s custodial account per the Handbook Policy.
· Order forms must be turned in by November 3rd and items will be delivered by the end of November.
· Items can also be ordered online and shipped directly to the purchaser. However, there is a shipping fee for online orders under $65.
· If you have any questions, please contact Shonya Threatts.
PCY Monarchs Pre Sale Letter(1)
New Parent Meeting
· If you missed the New Parent Meeting or did not get a handout, a copy has been attached.
October 20th– Family fundraiser begins
October 24th– First meet of the season at Miami Co.- schedule and directions posted on our website calendar.
November 3rd– Orders for family fundraiser due
November 5th- PCY Home Meet scratches due on SUG
November 7th– Team building lunch and decorating party 12:30-2:30pm
November 8th– Open Gym 12:30-2:30
November 11th– Parent Board Meeting
November 13th-Home Meet set-up
November 14th– Home Meet
December 18th- Team Christmas Party 4-6:30 (tentative time)
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
2 Days until our first meet!!!!
Please pay and pick up any uniform items from my office.
It is very helpful if you initial your athlete’s warm ups. Jackets/pants. They take them on and off several times throughout and…they all look the same 🙂
Spirit wear/meet bag
We were told Spirit wear and meet bags would be in by now, yet we are still waiting. I will let everyone know right away once they arrive. If your gymnast has ordered a Monarch meet bag and they haven’t arrived, please just send her with any duffel bag. It is important that every gymnast has a meet bag for their personal belongings during the competition.
· Get to the gym ON TIME! Rushing can put a lot of unneeded stress on the athletes and coaches so please plan accordingly and be prepared. Please call/text me on my cell phone if you are running late! (You can find it on the team roster) If not, I will be calling you.
· Pack meet bag the night before
Good luck charm
· No contact with your gymnast once they report for warm up. All communication must be done through a coach.
· Get a good night’s sleep
· Have fun!
Home Meet – Mariellen Voit
Our All Star Home Meet is less than a month away. Volunteer schedule should be posted early next week. All families are expected to help during the meet including set up and breakdown.
This is also a great opportunity to invite family and friends to watch your gymnast compete and support our team. If you have any questions, please contact me at 513-675-2743 or [email protected]