Important Things to Do This Week!
- Good luck to all competing gymnasts this week at REL (level 5 and up)! Please arrive 15min before your stretch time: Xcel Gold 10:15am, Level 5-9 Xcel Platinum 12:45pm.
- Please sign up on SUG to work the leo sale if able www.SignUpGenius.com/go/9040949A8AB2AA64-duebythursday2
- Mark Dec 16th 5-6:30pm on your calendar for the Monarch Holiday Party
New Leotard Sale:
- Holiday time is here, and we will be having our new leo sale starting this Sat 12/3 through next Thurs 12/9. If your gymnast wants or needs a new leo please check out the sale as profits support our team and spread the word to anyone else you know who might be interested. Our leos and shorts cheaper than most websites J We also need your help with this, without volunteers, we can’t run this sale. Please sign up for a time slot on the SUG emailed earlier this week. It is very much appreciated!
- Sale times are: Sat 9-11:30am, Mon and Wed 4:30-7pm, Tues and Thurs 4:30-6:30pm.
Holiday Party Dec 16th 5-6:30pm
- The party will take the place of practices that date.
- There will be a holiday gift exchange between the gymnasts. Please have your gymnast bring a $10 present for another gymnast their same age.
- We will collect money for the coaches’ presents starting Mon. Dec 5th– Wed. Dec 14th. Please place in an envelope in the folder labeled Christmas in the bin above the lock box or give to Mandy Elmer. I will be checking the folder daily Mon-Fri. You can make checks payable to Mandy Elmer.
- There will be a SUG coming out next week with items we need donated for the event and to volunteer to help.
Upcoming Important Dates!
- December 3-10th– New Leo Sale
- December 3rd– Level 5 and up only Meet at REL (Norwood)
- December 10th– Meet at Sidney Shelby
- December 16th– Team Holiday Party 5-6:30pm
- January 21st– Meet at Countryside
- February 4th– Meet at Union County
- February 18th– Meet at GMV
- March 18th & 19th– Districts
- April 7th-9th– Regionals at Hamilton HS
Coaches Report – Coach Kristin
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are all excited to be back in the gym preparing for our meet(s) of 2016. Information regarding these meets are below.
Holiday Practice schedule is attached. Listed below is a summary of what is to come. Please refer to the attachment for details.
Regular practice times/days
Modified practice times/days
Regular Practice will start back on 1/3/17. holiday-practice-schedule-16-17
Level 5-8 and xcels ONLY
Parking in the YMCA lot is very limited so please park in the Norwood City lot that is at Sherman and Station Ave. You will then have to walk one block down Sherman to the YMCA located at Sherman and Walter Ave.
Session 2: Level 4 and Xcel Gold
10:30 am Report for Stretching and Bar Sets
11:00 am Timed Warm Ups
11:15 am March In
Session 3: Levels 5-9 and Xcel Platinum
1:00 pm Report for Stretching and Bar Sets
1:20 pm Timed Warm Ups
1:45 pm March In
Sidney Shelby Meet
300 East Parkwood Sidney, OH 45365
Saturday, Dec. 10 Session I: Level 6 -9 & Excel Platium – 65 gymnasts
7:30am Gymnastics Center opens for stretching/bar sets
8:20am Timed warm-ups
8:45am Presentation of teams
Saturday, Dec.10 Session II: : Level 3– 74 gymnasts
11:30am Report for stretching in Racquet court 3 in between the gyms
12:00pm Timed Warm-ups
12:20pm Presentation of teams
Saturday, Dec. 10 Session III: Level 4 -65 gymnasts
2:45pm Report for stretching in Racquet court 3 in between the gyms
3:15pm Timed Warm-ups
3:30pm Presentation of teams
Saturday, Dec. 10 Session IV: Level 5 and Excel Gold- 64 gymnasts
5:45pm Report for stretching in Racquet court
6:15pm Timed Warm-ups
6:30pm Presentation of teams
Inclement Weather Policy
During inclement weather the Y will follow Winton Woods city school district announcements.
I will send a one-call to all Monarch families announcing practice plans. I make separate decisions for team so please look out for an email and phone call for the decision.
Save the Date-Regionals
Treasurer – Annmarie
We have received another check from the Kroger Rewards Program. These rewards are for the period 8/1/16 to 10/31/16. If you would like your family’s contribution to be credited to your account, you can now sign into your Kroger account online to get your quarterly contribution. Sign in and go to Account Summary. At the bottom left of the page will be Community Rewards and your quarterly contribution. Please email me at [email protected] by December 15 with your amount and 80% will be credited to your family account.
NEW FAMILIES: If you are not signed up for this super easy way to fundraise for your daughter’s account:
- Go to the Kroger website at http://www.krogercommunityrewards.com/.
- Sign in using your email address and password. If you have forgotten your password, just click on “forgot password” and a link will be sent to your email to change your password.
- Enter your organization’s five digit NPO number (see below) or the first three letters of the organization’s name, click search.
- Select your organization by clicking on the circle to the left of your organization’s name.
- Save changes.
The Monarch’s group number is 81792.
The amount we receive varies each quarter, but depends on how much you use your Kroger Plus card. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Annemarie Fischer, Treasurer ([email protected])