Important Things to Do This Week!
- 1st half of the season meets were due Wed Oct 12th ($60/gymnast). If it was not paid by Wed Oct 19th there was a $15 late fee added. Please make sure your payments are up to date! (Hopefully everyone is)
- If your gymnast is scratching (not attending) the first meet at Kettering on Nov 5th, you must scratch on SUG by Mon Oct 24th.
- Have fun if you’re attending the Gymnastics Tour of Champions on Friday. If not, there will still be practice on Friday.
- Please make sure you have enough money to cover uniform fees in your account by next week. See uniform update for more details.
- If your gymnast is not getting a new competition leotard this year, please check their old uniform for any missing rhinestones.
- If there are missing rhinestones, please get in touch with Kristin. She has a replacement kit in her office.
- Uniform orders are in except for the meet bags.
- New uniform invoices will be placed in your family folder with what you still owe early next week. Please feel free to pay into your account ahead of time based on the estimated cost.
- Uniforms will be passed out at the end of next week. Uniforms will not be given out until your family account balance is zero or positive unless you have made other arrangements with Kristin.
- The Mock Meet and Campfire were a huge success! Thank you to the coaches who got our girls ready, to the older gymnasts who helped out in many different ways and to all the parents who helped set things up before the meet, helped breakdown after the meet and helped at the campfire!
Meet Schedule Update
- This only affects Level 5 and optionals
- A meet has been added on December 3rd at REL (Norwood) for Level 5 and optionals
- An invoice for the additional $15 meet fee will go out by Nov 4th and the meet fee must be paid for by November 18th
Upcoming Important Dates!
- October 21st– Kellogg’s Tour of Champions if you bought tickets
- October 24th– Scratches for Kettering meet due
- October 30th– Open gym 12:30-2:30
- November 5th– First Meet at Kettering
- November 19th– Meet at Countryside
- November 23-26th– No Practice Happy Thanksgiving!
- December 3-10th– New Leo Sale
- December 3rd– Level 5 and up only Meet at REL (Norwood)
- December 16th– Team Holiday Party
- December 10th– Meet at Sidney Shelby
Coaches Report – Kristin
Level and Team Captain Results:
Level and Team Captains are at the beginning of each season by the team. We have one or more captains for each level or group, plus all-around Team Captains.
Some of the Captains’ responsibilities include:
- leading the team through warm up at meets
- stretching in our home gym during meet week
- They assign good luck buddies for meets ( this will be explained to new captains)
- Assist in the planning and preparation of social events and the annual awards banquet
- They are a good role model for the team and should have a positive attitude
- Leaders for the team
Level 5 & Xcel Gold:
Level 7-9, Xcel Platinum:
Kettering Competition Practice Information:
If you are an excel gold and competing on Friday, November 4th. Your make up practice will be Wednesday, November 2nd. 4:45-6:45.
Any athlete that practices on Monday’s and Saturday’s, please keep an eye from your immediate coach for changes that week.