Ralph J. Stolle Countryside YMCA
1699 Deerfield Rd
SATURDAY, Nov 18, 2017
Note: All sessions will follow Modified Capital Cup format. Gymnasts will warm up their first event, March in, then compete their first event and do continually rotations.
SESSION 1: LEVEL 3 (83 gymnasts)
Bar Settings & Stretch: 7:30 – 8:00 am Eagle, Wide Set Bars
Coaches Meeting: 8:00 am
Timed Warm Ups: 8:10 am
March In: 8:30–8:45 am (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition approx: 11:30 pm
SESSION 2: Levels 4 and Xcel Silver (66 gymnasts)
Bar Settings & Stretch: 11:15am-11:45am
Timed Warm Ups: 11:45 pm (Approximate)
March in: 12:15 pm (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition approx: 2:30 pm
SESSION 3: Level 5 and Xcel Gold (62 gymnasts)
Bar Settings & Stretch: 2:15pm-2:45pm
Warm up first event: 2:45pm (Approximately)
March in: 3:10 pm (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition approx: 5:45 pm
Session 4: Level 6-9 and Xcel Platinum (73 gymnasts)
Bar Settings & Stretch: 5:30pm-6:00pm
Warm up first event: 6:00pm (Approximately)
March in: 6:30pm (earlier if possible)
Awards Immediately Following Competition
It will be late!
Important Things to Do This Month!
- Sign up for the RemindMe app and join our “class” if you haven’t already ASAP.
- Nov 18th Meet at Countryside. Arrival times: Level 3- 7:15am, Level 4- 11am, Level 5 and Gold- 2pm, Levels 6-9 and Platinum- 5:15pm
- Pay attention so SUG emails if you need to scratch a meet. Make sure you sign up by the due date or you will be charged the meet fee regardless if your gymnast competes or not.
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 22-25th No practice. Enjoy time with your family! We are thankful for all of you J
- Look for a SUG to come out soon to volunteer to work the new leo sale Dec 4-9th
- Print out picture order form to order pictures and bring to picture day on Dec 8th.
Communication- RemindMe App
- If you have not done so already, please make sure you sign up for the RemindMe app and join our class.
o If you lost the information or have questions about how to sign up, please contact Kristin.
o We will use the RemindMe app for quick reminders and other information as needed.
EAF- This was posted last month but I want to make sure everyone sees/knows about this
- Due to the difficulty of collecting EAF from families that leave over the summer, the Parent Board and Kristin have decided to change the payment dates to Jan 12th (the same date as 2nd half of meet fees) and May 11th.
- We will be doing pictures on Dec 8th
- The picture order form is attached and will be on the website under forms/docs.
o The order form is due the date the pictures are taken and includes different packages and individual items JB Photography price sheet
- We request that your gymnast attends picture day even if you are not purchasing any photos as we want them included in the team picture and we use their individual picture at the End of the Year Ceremony.
- Meet Director Found! J
o Thank you very much to Tara Limoco for stepping up and volunteering to be our Meet Director! Mariellen Voit will mentor and assist Tara in this new role.
- Our Meet Directors are confirming our Meet Chairpeople and will be starting the planning process. Be on the look out for ways you can help.
- End of the Year Ceremony- If you would be interested in helping plan the End of the Year Ceremony, please contact Christie Bray or your level rep. Planning will start in early in 2018
- Nationals- If you are interested in putting together information on things to do together in Toledo, research lodging and set-up hotel room blocks or lead the informational meeting on Nationals, please let Mandy or Kristin if you are willing to do 1 or all of the above tasks.
- Chocolate Bars- We still have several boxes of chocolate to sell if you want to get some more $ in your family account to cover meet fees and EAF!
- We had a set-back with spirit wear as the company we had used in the past told us they could not do our team’s spirit wear this year at the last minute. We have, however, secured another company and more information will be coming soon. We hope to be able to get the order in in time to receive items by Christmas.
- Orders and Payment will be Online
Upcoming Important Dates
Nov. 18 – Countryside Meet
Nov. 22-25– Thanksgiving Break No practice
Dec. 2 – Great Miami Valley Meet
Dec 4-9– New leo sale
Dec. 8– Picture Day
Dec. 22– Holiday Party
Dec. 23-26 – Christmas Break No practice
Jan 1– Happy New Year NO practice
Jan 6– Kettering Meet
Jan 12– 2nd half of season meet fees and EAF due
Jan 20– Union County Meet
Feb 10– PCY Level 3 Invitational- Mandatory all families volunteer
Feb 17– GMV Meet
March 17 & 18– District Meet at Countryside
Apr 6-8– Reginal Meet in Hocking Hills
Jun 27-30– Nationals in Toledo